Islamic History In English | The Origins Of Idolatry In Makkah

Assalam u Alikum to all in this blog you will find “All things about Islam “here. Prophets stories, Duaen, history of Islam, hadith and Quran Ayat and so on. The Origins Of Idolatry In Makkah. 

THE ORIGINS OF IDOLATRY IN MECCA: -

The tribe of Quraysh continued to adhere to the religion of Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) and worshiped one God, until three hundred years before the Prophet (peace be upon him) came the reign of Amr Bin Luhi al-Khuza’I, the richest man of Mecca. He had twenty thousand camels, which was a matter of great honor in those days. Once he went from Makkah to the country of Syria, he saw people there worshiping idols, so he asked them why. Do you worship He replied, “They are our need-bearers. They fulfill our needs, give us victory in battles and rain water.” Amr Bin Luhi liked their idolatry and brought some idols from there and placed them around the Kaaba. Since the Kaaba was the center of Arabia, idolatry gradually became customary in all tribes, thus idolatry began in Makkah at the hands of Amr Bin Luhi al-Khuza’I, about whom the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: “I Saw Amr bin Luhi walking in hell dragging his bowels.”{Sahih Bukhari: 3521}

Hadiths About Article: -

When the sun eclipsed, the Prophet (peace be upon him) stood (for prayer) and recited a long surah. Then bowed and bowed very long. Then he raised his head, after that he started the second surah, then he bowed, and after completing the bow, he ended this rak’ah and went into prostration. Then in the second rak’ah, he did the same. After finishing the prayer, he said that the sun and the moon are two of the signs of Allah. So when you see an eclipse in them, start praying until it becomes clear and behold, I have seen from my place all that which I have been promised. I even saw that I wanted to have a piece of paradise. Now you people must have seen that I started moving forward and I also saw hell (in a state where) some fires were being consumed by other fires. You must have seen that I retreated after seeing this horrible scene of hell. I saw Amr bin Lahiy inside hell. This is the person who released the sand ritual in Arabia.

Sahih Bukhari: - 1212

 

Suhail’s father (Abu Saleh) narrated on the authority of Hazrat Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, that he said: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “I saw Amr bin Lahi bin Qanamah bin Khandaf, the ancestor of the people of Banu Ka’b, he was in Hell.” He was dragging his entrails.

Sahih Muslim: - 7192


Post a Comment

0 Comments